Wednesday, December 28, 2011

You're A Mean One Mr. Grinch!


Sadly, this year's Christmas was not as jolly as usual at Gela's house. The whole family got together for dinner and laughs... except one person.
My brother, Joey, is in the Army. This year, he spent Christmas in Germany due to a delay in exiting Afghanistan. Luckily, he has some great friends so he was not alone. Also, he may have missed Christmas, but my brother will be home this weekend. Just in time for New Year's Eve! :)


In other Christmas news! I received many gifts.
Clothes, slippers, a blanket, tons of candy, and...... A MR. COFFEE!!!! xD

I definitely went out to buy K-cups for it and I highly recommend the Pumpkin Spice cups from Green Mountain Coffee!

Anyone that knows me, knows that I am very particular about my coffee. My family thought I was crazy for being so excited about a coffee maker. However, after brewing a cup for my mother, there was no more discussion.

Minus the absence of my brother, Christmas was generally a success. Not just because of my Mr. Coffee though. This Christmas I got to see just how wonderful my little cousins are. When discussing presents with Desi, 11 years old, she told me that she did not want presents for Christmas. She just wanted her cousin Joey home.

This Christmas has renewed my hope for children today. Plus, it showed us all that there are certain times where you just have to go with the flow because things do not always work out. Also, it showed me that I can have a delicious cup of coffee without going to Starbucks. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment